PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal in Charge, Ryan, Houston office
– Responsible for quality service delivery of tax services.
– Specializes in providing tax services on a multi-jurisdictional
basis to a variety of industries, including manufacturing, utility,
refining, and exploration and production operations.
- Practice Leader, Ryan, Fuels and Excise Tax
- Board of Directors, SALT Development Program, Ryan
– Responsible for the administration and development of Ryan’s
internal continuing professional education courses.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Auditor, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Mr. Bennett lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and the Ryan Professional Development Program. Additionally, he has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Dallas/Fort Worth State Tax Association
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
Dallas/Fort Worth State Tax Association
Institute for Professionals in Taxation
– Committee Member: Sales and Use Tax
Texas A&M Accounting Advisory Council
Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting, Texas A&M University
- Completed specialized training from the State of Texas in conducting sales and use tax audits.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Licensed in Texas
(Ryan is not a CPA firm.)