PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Phoenix office
- Practice Leader, Tax Technology, Ryan, Phoenix office
– Specializes in the evaluation and implementation of third-party
automated transaction tax software (e.g., ADP Taxware, Sabrix,
and Vertex); design and implementation of “best practice”
improvements to automated tax decision and reporting
processes; and design and development of custom tax
interfaces to third-party automated tax solutions.
– Experience in tax processing with various ERPs, including
Oracle, PeopleSoft, and SAP.
- Principal, Ryan, Boston office
- Director, Tax Technology, Ryan, Boston office
- Vice President, Enterprise Solutions Group, ADP Taxware
– Management responsibilities included:
– Implementation of Taxware solutions.
– Development and maintenance of standard interfaces to
– Demonstration of Taxware software solutions to sales
– Presentation of Taxware solutions via Webinars, Taxware
Summits, and tradeshows.
- Senior Manager, Tax Management Automation Services, national accounting firm
– Evaluated and implemented third-party automated sales and
use tax software (e.g., ADP Taxware, Sabrix, and Vertex).
- Manager, State and Local Tax/Sales and Use Tax Practice, national accounting firm
– Provided audit representation, tax recovery, nexus studies,
taxability research, tax planning, and voluntary disclosure
- Senior Consultant, State and Local Tax/Sales and Use Tax Practice, national accounting firm
- Senior Consultant, State and Local Tax/Federal and State Income Tax, national accounting firm
Mr. Chavez lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients. Additionally, he has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- SAP Financials Conference
- Taxware Regional Seminars
- Taxware Summits 10 and 11
- Taxware Webinars
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Master of Science Degree, Business Taxation, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Accounting, University of Southern California