John R. Ferrell
Principal, Property Tax
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, El Paso office
- Responsible for quality service delivery of property tax services, specializing in properties throughout the southwestern United States.
- 40 years of experience in property tax consulting.
- Property Tax Practice Leader, Ryan
- President, property tax consulting firm
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Texas Freeport Exemption Legislation
- Mr. Ferrell was the only property tax consultant directly involved in the successful legislative and constitutional amendment effort that established the Texas Freeport Inventory Property Tax Exemption.
- Appointee to the first State of Texas Property Tax Consultants Advisory Council
- As one of only six consultants appointed to the Council, Mr. Ferrell co-authored the initial Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct currently used to regulate licensed property tax consultants in the state of Texas.
- President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer, Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals
- Served simultaneously as Assistant Chief Appraiser of the Hudspeth County, Jeff Davis County and Presidio County Central Appraisal Districts in Texas
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Leadership El Paso Alumni Association
- Texas Association of Assessing Officers (Far West Texas Chapter)
- Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals
- The University of Texas at El Paso Alumni Association
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Business Management, The University of Texas at El Paso
- Senior Property Tax Consultant, Licensed in Texas