PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Sales Tax, Ryan, Montreal office
- Specializes in providing Canadian commodity tax services (recovery and advisory) to clients in a variety of industries.
- Extensive Canadian sales tax experience with more than 35 years in working with major Canadian corporations and consulting firms as an adviser on commodity tax aspects associated with the manufacturing, transport, telecommunications, and financial services industries.
- Extensive experience with managing and disputing audits performed by Canadian tax authorities, seeking for and obtaining rulings, and successfully submitting voluntary disclosure to tax authorities.
- Recognized for finding innovative solutions to complex tax problems.
- Director, Sales and Use Tax and Quebec Practice Leader, Ryan, Montreal office
- Commodity Tax Consultant, Regional Tax, Province of Quebec
- Certified Trainer, CPA Quebec, and Co-Author of the Référentiel en taxe à la consummation pour l’Ordre des CPA du Québec for several years
- Leader, Commodity Tax Department, major Canadian corporation
- President, Tax Executives Institute (TEI) Montreal Chapter; Chair, Commodity Tax Committee, TEI; and Co-Founder, TEI Liaison Committee with Revenu Quebec and the Quebec Ministry of Finance
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Former member of the Advisory Committees to the National Minister of Revenue on E-Commerce and a member of the Advisory Committee of the Quebec Centre de Perception Fiscale
Mr. Ducharme lectures on various Canadian commodity tax topics for Ryan clients and several professional and tax associations such as:
- Association de Planification Fiscal et Financière
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada – Commodity Tax Symposium
- Council On State Taxation
- Tax Executives Institute
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA), Quebec
- Association de Planification Fiscal et Financière (APFF)