Ryan provides a wealth of expertise and best practices in tax administration and process improvement for effectively managing GST compliance processes and elevating total tax performance.
News & Insights
News & Insights
Ryan’s seasoned tax professionals have proven expertise in tax administration and process improvement to help clients proactively manage costs and employee resources. We assist clients with the filing of international good and services tax (GST) returns and the submission of foreign GST reclaims. Our specialists add tremendous value, deliver a substantial return on investment, and provide a wealth of best practices that enhance the strategic value of the tax department. We assist clients in an efficient and reliable manner and ensure that their GST compliance is handled timely and accurately.
Leveraging our proprietary Ryan iTAC compliance technology, Ryan professionals eliminate manual processes, minimise overpayments and errors on returns, and reduce the likelihood of notices and penalties. We coordinate international GST compliance processes to ensure timely reporting and reduce the administrative process of filing returns. We provide a single contact that monitors due dates, prepares and submits returns, and addresses questions from the tax authorities.
Special Scheme GST Registration
Return Preparation and Filing
Liaison with Tax Authorities
GST Process Manuals
Ryan helps clients determine and obtain GST registration, identifying opportunities for voluntary registration and outlining the related advantages.
Ryan simplifies GST compliance by determining the applicability of special scheme GST registration, identifying the associated benefits, and obtaining registration when applicable.
For clients operating within Singapore and various other countries, we help determine whether an AEO designation can result in customs simplifications and more efficient clearance. If beneficial, we assist in securing our client’s AEO status.
We help meet client filing obligations for GST from a periodic review to the full preparation of returns, including reconcilliation against source data and documentation.
Ryan serves as an extension of our clients’ tax departments, addressing tax authority inquiries regarding GST registration and returns, managing complex requests, and offering strategic direction.
For clients who prefer to handle the return filing process internally, Ryan provides process manuals offering best practices and suggestions for making the most effective use of tax department resources.
Ryan iTAC compliance technology is a proprietary software solution that helps our clients to quickly uncover and eliminate inefficient processes and address indirect tax reporting issues by:
- Extracting and retaining tax-relevant data from multiple systems/sources
- Reconcilling tax reports to general ledger accounts
- Analysing large volumes of transactional data
- Calculating and tracking transaction adjustments in returns and general ledger accounts
- Reporting internally and externally across multiple jurisdictions
- Compiling and managing voluntary disclosures
- Documenting and maintaining tax information, processes, and controls
Ryan iTAC is a stand-alone solution that does not require an interface with enterprise resource planning (ERP) or other systems, so there is no need to heavily involve IT resources for installation and maintenance. Ryan iTAC is a user-friendly, indirect tax solution that makes it simple to design checks and controls, as well as filter or extract data. Our professionals ensure that Ryan iTAC users maximise the value of the application by helping:
- Develop an understanding of the status quo by examining external and internal filing and reporting obligations, determining the data required and the sources of data, identifying existing checks and controls, and reviewing the existing transaction data
- Standardise and automate the data extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) process
- Configure, install, and test the iTAC solution to meet unique client requirements
- Train tax department professionals and provide on-going support
Integrated End-to-End Tax Services
Ryan is focused on your overall tax performance—providing innovative solutions to the underlying causes of the errors we identify—and creating greater opportunities to measure and improve your efficiency, develop a more strategic approach to tax, and deliver outstanding value to your shareholders.