With nearly 800 property tax professionals across 41 North American locations, Ryan combines a national presence with in-depth local expertise of tax law, as well as tax reform, to obtain accurate and fair assessments for our clients.
The potential impact on profitability makes it imperative to manage and mitigate your business property tax liability. By taking a holistic approach to assessing the business property tax management, compliance, and administrative challenges associated with taxable assets, Ryan provides customized services that add value to your bottom line.
As the largest Property Tax practice in North America, our seasoned experts manage billions of dollars of our clients’ real and personal property, with an emphasis on complex industrial property and commercial real estate. Ryan’s business property tax compliance processes and controls ensure complete and accurate reporting in accordance with property tax regulations and tax law.
Ryan’s multi-disciplined consultants and valuation professionals provide proven planning strategies, acute valuation analysis, and results-oriented property tax appeal representation to a wide variety of business sectors with complex and unique properties to help reduce your property tax bills.
With the rapidly changing ownership and valuation of commercial real estate, multiple opportunities exist for reducing your business property tax liability and streamlining administrative processes. A single-source solution to coordinate, consult, and advise ensures your organization pays no more than its fair share of property taxes. Ryan’s Commercial Property Tax professionals work with you to develop a real property tax management plan that fits your needs.
You can get the help you need from Ryan’s integrated team of industry-leading professionals who deliver a comprehensive suite of services, including:
- assessment reviews to ensure the assessed value of your property is at fair market value;
- commercial property tax appeal services to make sure you don’t pay a penny more than you should in business property taxes;
- state-of-the-art property tax software to track your real estate tax history by parcel and by property, as well as budget and accruals for every commercial property in your portfolio;
- pre-acquisition reports to help calculate property tax and provide future tax estimates concerning all aspects of your acquisition; and
- property tax bill administration from receipt through tracking, maintaining, and transmitting payment files.
Areas of commercial property tax where Ryan can help you include office, industrial, retail, hospitality/hotels, multifamily, data centers, student housing, hospitals, assisted living, medical facilities, land, and residential.
Offering full-service Complex Property Tax solutions tailored to your industry, your complex property, and your specific needs, our professionals help you manage all elements of the complex property tax process to ensure your company pays only its fair share of tax liability. Clients benefit from our specialized services that include proven planning strategies, incisive valuation analyses, and result-oriented property tax appeal representation and support to industries with unique and complex properties.
With industry specialization in oil and gas, mining, energy, manufacturing, chemicals, telecommunications, and transportation, Ryan’s robust complex property tax offerings include:
- the identification of nontaxable costs to help determine assets subject to taxation;
- examination of asset capitalization to determine the taxability for costs related to assets;
- identification of idle and underutilized assets to derive fair and equitable values of those assets;
- economic/functional life and residual valuation recognizing the influence of technology and business conditions on value and depreciation;
- income, valuation, and obsolescence analysis to accurately assess that the appropriate value is fully reflected in your properties and assets;
- representation through every stage of the complex property tax appeal process; and
- comprehensive, industry-specialized services to support every phase of the property tax cycle.
Easing the burden of property tax compliance with a range of comprehensive services offering proven efficiencies developed through years of experience, Ryan ensures clients are meeting the regulations set by the various taxing jurisdictions while minimizing your risk and maximizing your return on investment.
With the largest group of professionals dedicated to the property tax compliance process in the United States, our broad industry specialization includes automobile leasing, banking, equipment rental and leasing, food service, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and telecommunications and provides the support you need, so your company pays only its fair share of tax liability.
Customized compliance services ensure you get the best-in-class commercial property tax compliance system on the market, including:
- property tax consulting in pre-tax year planning and strategies;
- transparent processes that give you direct access to our work product;
- scalable solutions to meet your compliance needs, with the ability to quickly expand and deploy teams as required;
- seamless integration and access to compliance, commercial, and complex property tax practice resources located throughout 41 cities.
Ryan has been a trusted partner delivering substantial tax savings on our revolving portfolio of commercial properties nationwide. We rely on their expansive market coverage and quality service.
News & Insights
News & Insights
Integrated End-to-End Tax Services
Ryan is focused on your overall tax performance—providing innovative solutions to the underlying causes of the errors we identify—and creating greater opportunities to measure and improve your efficiency, develop a more strategic approach to tax, and deliver outstanding value to your shareholders.