We support the strategic selection, implementation, and maintenance of technology solutions that optimize our client’s tax function, reducing the risk of tax overpayment while sharing industry knowledge and best practices.Contact Us
Tax Technology Services
Ryan provides a comprehensive approach to help our clients plan, select, and implement sophisticated tax technology solutions that deliver significant value to the global compliance process, from strategy and risk management to delivery. We have strategic partnerships with all of the industry’s leading tax technology software providers, and our experience with all the major ERP systems, as well as custom solutions and domestic and international tax systems, is second to none.
Technology creates no value unless it is thoughtfully and strategically deployed to maximize the efficiency and profitability of your business and tax operations. Whether it’s the automation of tax return preparation or the full-scale implementation of a tax decision-making software application, we ensure that our clients realize the full potential of their tax technology solutions. Our comprehensive tax technology service portfolio includes business process reviews, feasibility studies, implementation, automation, research, training and full technical support.
Tax Systems Implementation Services
Ryan’s Tax Systems Implementation services help clients realize the full benefits of their tax technology solution. We ensure the success of each project with proven service and implementation methodologies that are tailored to meet our clients’ needs at each stage of the process. We provide advisory services which can include requirements gathering, vendor selection, and the design of the solution itself. We deploy a holistic approach to software implementation and help our clients define and develop optimum processes, build business-relevant tax research, assist with interface design and development, configure and implement the tax technology solution, integrate tax returns, train system users, and manage the post-implementation processes.
Use Tax Management Solution
Ryan understands that no matter how you do it, manual use tax calculation is difficult, error-prone, and labour intensive. It requires multiple transactions using varied tax rates based on where you buy, make, ship, warehouse, and sell, which leads to costly miscalculations. Manual processing gives you little visibility into your tax compliance and its impact on Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements. ERP systems may be good at many things, but they aren’t designed to track and manage use tax.
Ask yourself these key questions:
- How is your company currently calculating use tax in SAP®?
- Does Purchasing determine tax codes on the purchase order?
- Does Accounts Payable assign tax codes on the invoice?
- Are you using standard percentages and a little guesswork?
Your ERP System Isn’t the Answer
ERP systems may be good at many things, but, even combined with third-party tax calculation software, they aren’t designed to track and manage use tax. ERP systems lack functionality to deal with the complexities of the internal processes that are subject to tax, the number of product codes, and the intricacies of use tax rates.
Automating Use Tax Management Saves Money and Eliminates Errors
SAP users have a better solution for use tax management and compliance. TaxDecisionERP is a comprehensive, multistate use tax decision automation solution that integrates with SAP ERP applications and external tax packages, enabling you to automate and centralize tax management by:
- Establishing upfront product and tax rules
- Supporting reconcilliations and audits with real-time reporting
- Adjusting tax-only debits and credits
Ryan’s TaxDecisionERP performs the following functions:
- Stops tax overpayment and avoids penalties from underpayment
- Improves cash flow by paying tax on actual use rather than at invoice
- Eliminates labour hours spent manually calculating and correcting use tax
- Enhances audit and traceability tools for Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and control
- Generates real-time calculations as goods are issued and services are delivered
- Automates the multistate use tax process
Stop Tax Overpayment and Avoid Penalties
With the TaxDecisionERP solution, you empower tax professionals with visibility and control, and give them the ability to enhance the bottom line. The TaxDecisionERP solution provides precise application of product codes, tax codes, and tax rules to automate tax calculations as use is determined. Our services include:
Ryan professionals evaluate and address each stage of the use tax management and reporting processes. We analyze current use tax procedures, review SAP environments, determine compliance requirements, perform a best practices gap analysis, and identify the benefits of using the TaxDecisionERP solution.
Use Tax Recovery Services
To provide maximum benefit to clients pursuing use tax improvements, Ryan provides integrated services that address each stage of the use tax recovery and management processes, including:
- Feasibility studies
- Troubleshooting and evaluation services
- Process and technology implementation services
Application Implementation and Integration
Our experienced team of technology professionals provides a comprehensive approach to project planning, needs identification, technology review, software selection, implementation and integration, testing, end-user training, and post implementation support. Ryan’s expertise in tax minimization and SAP application optimization ensures that this solution meets all the requirements for multistate use tax compliance.
Ryan’s experts are focused on defining and delivering transformation to clients that generates the most value for their tax functions. Our approach is different from others in the following ways:
- Flexibility – Helping you get the best out of existing systems, data, and teams
- Approach – Change management focus with hands-on delivery without audit independence issues
- Expertise – Market-leading tax, technology, analytics, and transformation expertise—globally
- Independence – Focused on maximizing value by choosing the right approach and solutions
- Knowledge – Practical knowledge of the market, emerging trends, and technologies
- Creating a vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Developing business plans for tax and organization change
- Deployment of emerging technologies (RPA, ML, ETL, and more)
- Efficient utilization of existing systems (ERP, tax software)
Ryan has provided BASF outstanding value by recovering overpaid taxes while identifying and implementing tax automation services, streamlining tax decision processes, and integrating industry-leading tax software to improve our tax performance.
News & Insights
News & Insights
Integrated End-to-End Tax Services
Ryan is focused on your overall tax performance, providing innovative solutions to the underlying causes of the errors we identify and creating greater opportunities to measure and improve your efficiency, develop a more strategic approach to tax, and deliver outstanding value to your shareholders.