News and Insights

CRA Updates Webpage on Foreign Representatives and Diplomatic Missions

Tax Development Nov 17, 2014

The Canada Revenue Agency has updated their webpage on foreign representatives and diplomatic missions.  Foreign representatives and officials are required to pay the GST/HST on goods and services bought in Canada.  However, if approved by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada, certain officials or their organizations may be eligible to claim a rebate. 

The webpage contains related links to basic information on GST/HST, the Department of Foreign Affairs, the GST/HST rebate for foreign representatives and diplomatic missions, and the supply of taxable goods and services to certain persons.