DALLAS (Dec. 7, 2023) – Ryan, a leading global tax services and software provider, recently announced the promotion of nine professionals to the leadership role of principal in seven locations across the United States. Given Ryan’s tremendous growth trajectory, the vast depth of each principal’s expertise will further serve global clients with unparalleled strategic and innovative tax-saving strategies.
“I am proud of these accomplished team members for reaching such a significant milestone in their careers,” said Ryan Global President and Chief Operating Officer Ginny B. Kissling. “They are the perfect example of our ‘Pursue Excellence’ value. They have continued to provide world-class service to our clients, built and managed successful teams, and have always found ways to push through challenges. It is truly inspiring to be reminded of the stellar talent we have here at Ryan.”
Ryan’s newly promoted principals include:
- Marcus Capouano – Property Tax Commercial: Marcus is based in Orlando, Florida and specializes in providing property tax solutions for commercial real estate clients of all property types. Additionally, Marcus oversees timeshare property tax appeals nationally. He holds two bachelor’s degrees in marketing and business administration from the Culverhouse College of Business at The University of Alabama.
- Shawn Eskow – Property Tax Commercial: Shawn, based in Ryan’s Washington, D.C. office, is a certified public accountant (CPA) who focuses his practice on providing real and personal property, transfer and recordation, and transaction tax planning, appeal, and consulting services to clients in a variety of industries. Shawn is admitted to practice law in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Michigan.
- Robert Hoyt – Income Tax: Robert is based in Ryan’s Austin, Texas office and is an expert in state income and franchise taxes, specializing in providing refund review and audit defense services. He has particular expertise with the Texas franchise tax and has represented clients in a variety of industries. Robert is a CPA and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting and a Master of Science degree in finance from Texas A&M University.
- Jonathan Hull – Property Tax Commercial: Jonathan, resident in Ryan’s Atlanta, Georgia office, specializes in providing real property analysis, valuation, and appeal management for income-producing properties, including hospitality, office, multifamily, retail, industrial, and flex-use. He has extensive experience managing regional and national property tax engagements. Jonathan has a bachelor’s degree in business administration with specialization in real estate from the University of Georgia.
- TJ Schoenemann – Property Tax Commercial: TJ is based in Ryan’s Dallas, Texas office and specializes in providing commercial real estate tax consulting, including valuation appeals, negotiations, equal and uniform tax analysis, and preacquisition due diligence. He is a Certified Commercial Investment Member and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Baylor University.
- Walt Sigerich – Client Services: Walt, resident in Ryan’s Scottsdale, Arizona office, specializes in providing multidisciplinary tax services to a diverse client base. He is a CPA, holds a Bachelor of Science degree with specialization in accounting from the University of Illinois, and holds a master’s degree in business administration with specialization in finance from the University of Chicago.
- Grant Steinhauser – Property Tax Commercial: Grant is based in Ryan’s Washington, D.C. office and specializes in providing real property analysis, valuations, assessment reviews, and appeal recommendations for income-producing properties, including office, multifamily, hospitality, retail, industrial, and flex-use properties in the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI) and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration with specialization in finance from American University.
- Andy Taylor – Client Services: Andy is based in Ryan’s Dallas, Texas office and specializes in understanding the tax needs of his clients in various business sectors, including real estate, oil and gas, entertainment, manufacturing, and telecommunications. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Michael Willer – Sales and Use Tax: Michael is based in the Downers Grove, Illinois office and provides transaction tax consulting services to clients in the emerging technologies, manufacturing, retail, social media, sports marketing, and telecommunications industries. He is a CPA and holds a Bachelor of Science degree with specialization in accounting from the University of Illinois-Chicago.
Ryan, an award-winning global tax services and software provider, is the largest Firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. The Firm provides an integrated suite of federal, provincial, and international tax services on a multijurisdictional basis, including tax recovery, consulting, advocacy, compliance, and technology services. Ryan is an 11-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service. Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan’s multidisciplinary team of more than 4,700 professionals and associates serves over 29,000 clients in more than 75 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies. More information about Ryan can be found at ryan.com/canada.
Director, Content & Communications Marketing