Dana W. Shipes
Principal, Severance Tax
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Houston office
- Specializes in providing marketing cost deduction or post-production cost, well incentives, tax reimbursement, and royalty reviews to upstream oil and gas producers.
- Provides ongoing severance tax and royalty compliance consulting services to clients on a multinational basis.
- Has more than 20 years of state and local tax experience.
- Director, Severance Tax/Royalty, Ryan, Houston office
- Project Manager and Audit Lead, national oil and gas accounting firm
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCEPrevious
- Auditor, Sales and Use Tax, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Auditor, Severance Tax, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Ms. Shipes lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- American Petroleum Institute
- P2 Energy Solutions’ ASCEND Conference
- Independent Petroleum Association of America
- Petroleum Accounting Society of Houston
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting, McNeese State University
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, History, Lamar University