Jim Motes serves as senior vice president and chief information security officer at Ryan and is responsible for leading all aspects of the company’s global information security strategy, policy, and operations.
Based in Ryan’s Dallas, Texas headquarters, Jim brings more than two decades of cybersecurity experience. He excels at incident response, security administration, digital forensics, threat management, and general information security services.
Prior to joining Ryan, Jim held leadership positions at GameStop, Rockwell Automation, Perot Systems, Kohler Co., and Invensys. He also served as a commissioned officer in the United States Army, including a tour of duty in the Middle East during Operation Desert Storm as an M1A1 heavy tank platoon leader.
Jim holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delaware State University and has the following security certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Chainalysis Cryptocurrency Fundamentals Certification (CCFC)
- Chainalysis Reactor Certification (CRC)
- Chainalysis KYT Certification (CKC)
- National Security Agency – INFOSEC Assessment Methodology (IAM)