John M. Polizzi
Principal, Client Services
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal in Charge, Ryan, Detroit, and Lansing offices
- Specializes in providing transaction tax services to Ryan clients in a variety of industries.
- Founder, global business tax firm
- Lake Erie Area Director, national accounting firm
- Practice Leader, national accounting firm
- Mr. Polizzi spent eight years in public accounting, focusing on Fortune 500 companies in the Detroit and Toledo marketplace. Practice focus included representing clients through the state audit and appeals process, and performing reverse audit refund reviews and duplicate payment reviews while implementing various tax minimization strategies.
- Office of Tax Counsel and Director of Sales and Use Tax, global automotive company
Mr. Polizzi lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients.
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Juris Doctor Degree, Wayne State University, School of Law, Licensed in Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Accounting and Economics, Albion College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Licensed in Michigan