PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- President, Australian Operations, Ryan, Sydney office
- Specializes in global indirect taxes, including Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fuels Tax Credits (FTC).
- Responsible for advising Australia and Asia-Pacific businesses on complex indirect tax cases.
- Manages Ryan’s Australian operations and oversees the Indirect Tax practice in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Principal and Chief Operating Officer, Ryan, Sydney office
- Partner, National Indirect Tax Leader, and Asia-Pacific Indirect Tax Leader, Big Four accounting firm
- Responsible for advising Australia’s largest taxpayers during the implementation of GST.
- Advised clients and led a number of complex indirect tax projects, including GST on mixed supplies, GST on incentive payments, fuel tax on refrigerated transport, fuel tax on meaning of public road, and delayed refund interest.
- Partner, Scotland VAT Practice Leader, Big Four accounting firm
- GST Director and Partner, accounting firm, Sydney
- Several VAT-related roles prior to 2000 for leading government organizations, financial institutions, and accounting firms in London
Mr. Graham lectures on various indirect tax topics and has appeared in the Guide to the World’s Leading Indirect Tax Advisers for the past decade.
- The Tax Institute of Australia
- ATI Membership (2006–Present)
- Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) Qualification, UK Association of Taxation Technicians
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualification, UK Chartered Institute of Taxation