PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Scottsdale office
- Specializes in commercial and industrial real and personal property valuation, assessments, taxation, appeals, and exemptions on the state and local level for clients in a variety of industries, including hospitality, manufacturing, retail, multifamily housing, and leased commercial space.
- Responsible for the management of tax bill payments for various real and personal property clients.
- Director, Property Tax, Ryan, Scottsdale office
- Senior Manager, Ryan, Scottsdale office
- Manager, ONESOURCE Property Tax, property tax consulting firm
- Managed real and personal property valuations, assessment, taxation, and exemptions for a variety of clients, including retail, hospitality, manufacturing, multifamily housing, and leased commercial space.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCEPrevious
- Assessor, City of Lansing, Michigan
- Assessor, City of Adrian, Michigan
- Property Manager, Michigan Department of Treasury, State Tax Commission, Property Tax Division
- Commercial/Industrial Appraiser/Personal Property Auditor, Lenawee County Equalization Department, Michigan
- Account Clerk, Lenawee County Treasurer’s Office, Michigan
Ms. Kay has given numerous presentations throughout her career to various governmental, public, and legislative organizations on subjects ranging from property tax law to residential foreclosure sales and re-sales.
- Arizona Chapter International Association of Assessing Officers (AZ IAAO)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- International Association of Assessing Officers
- Michigan Assessors Association
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Interior Design, Business Administration, Adrian College, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Accounting, Siena Heights College, Michigan
- Personal Property Specialist (PPS) Designation, IAAO
- Michigan Master Assessing Officer (MMAO) (formerly known as Level 4), State of Michigan
- Property Tax Agent, Board of Appraisal, Arizona
- Property Tax Consultant, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation