PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Dallas Road office
- Builds and leads a team of practiced consultants specialized in representing clients with nationwide personal property and volume real estate portfolios.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, and operations of property tax compliance line of business.
- Reviews and identifies internal opportunities to streamline, implement, and improve process efficiencies.
- Offers comprehensive client management overseeing activities, including new client engagement and planning, contract terms and renewals, and client service and expansion opportunities.
- National Director of Specialty Property Services, Marvin F. Poer and Company, Dallas, Texas
- Senior Consultant, Marvin F. Poer and Company, Dallas, Texas
- Held more than 34 years of experience in personal property valuation, appeal negotiations, and audit reconciliations for all states that tax personal property.
- Specialized in multistate business personal property tax, including freeport exemptions, aircraft valuations, and state-assessed property filing.
- Extensive experience managing national compliance for clients in industries such as telecommunications, equipment, warehouse distribution, retail, leading, environmental, and utility services.
- Analyst, Tax Department, large natural gas distribution company
- Tax Manager, Big Four accounting firm
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCEPrevious
- Commercial Customer Service, Dallas County Appraisal District
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Member (2004–Present)
- Planning Committee Member (2014–Present)
- Society of Auditor-Appraisers (SAA)
- Member (2018–Present)
- Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals (TAPTP)
- Member (2006–Present)
- Registered Senior Property Tax Consultant, Texas
- Completed various comprehensive property tax courses offered by the Appraisal Institute, IPT, TAPTP, and other industry organizations