PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Irvine office
- More than 29 years of property valuation experience handling clients’ properties in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
- Expert in California personal property compliance and audit issues.
- Qualified expert witness before the California State Board of Equalization.
- Vice President and Managing Consultant, Marvin F. Poer and Company, Irvine, California
- Successfully argued to Washington’s State Department of Revenue for a reversal of classification and established new depreciation tables for manufacturing equipment, creating tax savings to the entire industry.
- Research Analyst, asset management company
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCEPrevious
- Commercial Staff Appraiser, Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office
- Acted as expert witness at assessment board hearings.
- Valuation of various real estate property types, including commercial/industrial, multiresidential, residential, and land.
Mr. Donald contributes regularly to numerous industry trade journals, company alerts, and newspapers. He has published an in-depth perspective on business enterprise value and a featured white paper regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the national real estate market. Additionally, Mr. Donald has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- California Alliance of Taxpayer Advocates
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- National Real Estate Tenants Association
- Society of Auditor-Appraisers
- California Alliance of Taxpayer Advocates (CATA)
- SBE Ad Hoc Committee for California Legislative Measures (2022–Present)
- Treasurer (2015)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Certified Member (2001–Present)
- Member (1999–2001)
- Society of Auditor-Appraisers (SAA)
- Member (2012–2018)
- Registered Agent, Los Angeles County, California
- California Advanced Appraisal License (1990–1993)
- Master of Business Administration Degree, Real Estate/Finance, California State University, Long Beach
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Real Estate, Arizona State University
- Completed California State Board of Equalization’s advanced income approach to valuation courses and IPT’s advanced personal property courses, among many others