PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, San Antonio office
- Experience of more than 30 years as an industry professional and a strong track record of developing solid business relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of the real estate industry and tax law with the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate with state and local taxing entities. Well-versed in ad valorem tax issues with an excellent record of performance in achieving objectives.
- President, regional consulting firm
- Vice President, Property Tax, financial services firm
- Coordinated assessment appeals and administered property tax bill payments for company’s affiliates. Portfolio under management totals 700 commercial properties in 38 states. Holds extensive multistate property tax knowledge and experience in interaction with affiliates’ senior management on budgeting, accruals, and public reporting.
- Manager, Property Tax, Big Four accounting firm
- Represented commercial property owners throughout the United States. Worked directly with CFOs of major corporations and developed positions that reduce property tax liability. Conducted comprehensive research and coordinated the activities of staff resources.
- Client Account Executive, tax preparation service firm
- Established an excellent record of performance as a tax representative. Initially started in Dallas, Texas and relocated to San Antonio. Developed a substantial client base through aggressive pursuit of new accounts, and successfully reduced tax liability for several major clients in Texas and other states.
- Account Executive, state tax service firm
- Solicited new business for the company’s property tax service and developed positions and presented appeals to taxing entities.
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Finance, Texas Tech University
- Texas Real Estate Broker (1996–Present)
- Texas Senior Property Tax Consultant (1994–Present)