PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Washington, D.C. office
- Specializes in providing real and personal property, transfer and recordation, and transaction tax planning, appeal, and consulting services to clients in a variety of industries.
- Significant experience with state and/or locally assessed property, including “going concern” properties such as hospitality, resort, retail, healthcare, assisted living, and data centers, as well as other properties such as office, warehouse, manufacturing, and multifamily housing.
- Director, Property Tax Commercial, Ryan, Washington, D.C. office
- Associate Attorney, local real estate law firm
- Provided extensive property tax consulting services for a myriad of clients challenging real property tax assessments.
- Provided consultation on leasing transactions and operations with property owners and managers.
- Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory Business Services, global public accounting firm
- Designed and performed audit procedures for key firm clients in the real estate and hospitality industry.
- Prepared financial statements for financial institutions specializing in real estate investment trusts.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Juris Doctor Degree, University of Baltimore School of Law, Licensed in District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia
- Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in Virginia
- Certificate, Appraisal Institute, various courses, including Course 803: Fundamentals of Separating Real Property, Personal Property, and Intangible Business Assets, as required by the Small Business Administration for the appraisal of hospitality and other going concern assets